QUALIFICATIONS:No previous experience or training is required. Must be able to use, control, and clean common handtools, and simple power equipment. Must be able to follow oral and/or written instructions involving duties with several distinct tasks or steps. Must be physically able to frequently lift and carry medium to heavy objects up to 40 pounds, and be able to occasionally lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Must be able to actively bend, stoop, stand, reach, and work in awkward positions. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Performs one or a contribution of the following manual labor tasks:
1. Loads and unloads heavy boxes, bulky supplies, and materials to and from tracks, dollies, etc, moves heavy boxes, cartons, or luggage by hand, handtruck, or dolly; opens crates and boxes using crowbars, and cuts bands using shears; stacks boxes and cartons where directed.
2. Using a shovel, digs ditches and trenches where a pick is not needed to loosen the dirt, and where grading and sloping is not required; fills holes with dirt and levels bumps and low places, using shovel, hand tamper, and rake.
3. Runs hand lawnmowers or (domestic type) powered lawnmowers, when this does not require heavy physical effort (for example, on steep grades); clears small trees and bushes, using handsaw, hatchet, or clipper.
4. Moves and arranges furniture as directed; shovels snow from sidewalks; washes and waxes cars and trucks by hand or power buffer.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
1. Skill and Knowledge: A certain degree of manual skill is required in using necessary handtools and in operating simple power equipment. Continual care must be exercised by the incumbent because of the nature of the tools and equipment used, and weight of the objects handled.
2. Physical Effort: Moderately heavy physical effort is required in occasionally lifting and carrying heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and in pushing heavy furniture, loading carts, etc. Frequently lifts and carries objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
3. Working Conditions: Works inside or outside, occasionally in bad weather. If indoors, may be exposed to dirt and dust. Chance of serious injury (e.g., broken bones, severe cuts, strained back). Continuous standing, walking, stooping, or lifting is required.