Position is primarily responsible for managing logistical planning: warehousing, distribution, vendor management, 3 PL, and inventory control in collaboration with operations teams. Also supports purchasing, demand forecasting, cost analysis, and process innovation with SCM departmental counterparts. Work in conjunction with the field sales, marketing organizations, and customers to identify demands, product priorities, allocations, and operational capacities. Interfaces directly with customers on a daily basis in collaboration processes in order planning, KPI management, and compliance management.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, economics or similar
• 5-8 years of experience in logistical operations planning required
• Experience in the home appliance industry preferred
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills required using PowerPoint or similar to internal and external customers
• Typically has expert knowledge of a specific supply chain operation or product group and general knowledge of all supply chain operations from factory to customer. Is able to identify and predict unlikely problems within the supply cycle and has the scope of authority to make changes to process, and personnel, to meet departmental objectives.
• The ability to develop, read, prepare, interpret, and understand product shipment information from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents.
• Resolves problems of moderate to large scope where analysis of data requires the identification of obscure or undefined factors and decisions have significant impact on business performance.
• Exercises judgment and makes decisions on business situations outside established procedures and approves exceptional cases.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite (especially Excel) and database software such as SAP is required
• MBA, MS preferred
• Supply Chain Certification preferred
• Prior supervisory experience
• Maintaining and innovating processes related to customer collaborative business planning (CMI).
• Validating and resolving vendor compliances processes directly with retail partners.
• Scenario planning for operational capacities and costing simulations.
• Analysis and maintenance of sourcing and delivery lead times to target standards.
• Responsible for meeting and maintaining acceptable inventory levels in collaboration with marketing and logistics.
• Manage and measure supply chain processes including; shipping, inventory aging, quality assurance, identifying exceptional or high cost deviations and making procedural decisions outside the scope of established guidelines.
• May have supervisory responsibility at the level of selection, hire, and performance management of departmental staff.
• Manage departmental relationships with factory or customers.
• This is a full-time position based in the Ridgefield Park, NJ office.
• Due to the nature of business, this role requires the incumbent to be onsite in the office Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Must be able to work after-hours as needed, with no prior notice
• Must be able to travel as needed 0–20% of the time
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA
BIG THINGS HAPPEN HERE. The amazing products for which Samsung is known world-wide are the results of the amazing people who work here. Their talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation are what make us who we are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, we focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, and with offices in Richardson, TX and Palo Alto, CA, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. We market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of our commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Our company is currently ranked #7 in Interbrand’s "100 Best Global Brands," and named #3 on the Boston Consulting Group list as one of the world's most innovative companies in 2014.
At Samsung we work hard – every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and we are a nimble team that constantly pushes ourselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Imagine working for a global company that is a world leader in innovation, in an environment where exciting things happen every day. Imagine working with an amazing group of visionaries/ individuals who make products that bring joy to millions of people across the globe every single day. Imagine where you want to be, and who you want to be. At Samsung...the possibilities are limitless. Apply today and find out why LinkedIn ranked us as one of North America’s Most InDemand Employers in 2014.
To this end, we follow various protocols during the recruitment process, including but not limited to, avoiding the inadvertent disclosure of confidential information of the applicant’s former employer.
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.