Under limited supervision, is responsible for repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of facilities. Performs painting, and/or carpentry, repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises. Must know equipment well enough to conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required. Maintains all equipment necessary to perform work. May provide work leadership to lower level maintenance team members. Evaluates requests for repairs. Acts as liaison with outside contractors and is able to converse with service vendors on needed repairs. Works with wide variety of equipment. This position does not perform any electrical work that would require a licensed electrician (i.e., ballast work or wiring).
- Routinely walk the facility and note any areas in need of repair or updating and review with STL/ASTL to determine timeline and priority of tasks.
- Maintain log of equipment routine maintenance schedule and ensure that vendors are scheduled appropriately.
- Routinely flush lines and change filters.
- Run errands for supplies as needed.
- May be responsible for directing the work of Sanitation Team Members and providing feedback for Team Member job dialogues.
- Perform all work in a timely fashion and without disrupting the normal course of business for customers and Team Members.
- Attend all applicable trainings, and be able to use or be certified in use of appropriate equipment (including forklifts, snow blowers, pallet jacks, etc.) needed for store or facility
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Report all life safety and fire hazards for correction, and report all accidents and injuries immediately.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to prioritize, make good decisions on when and how to repair various things, and multi-task.
- Working knowledge of facility equipment to knowledgably communicate with service vendors and store leadership about equipment issues and repairs.
- Ability to work independently yet have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with Team Members, service vendors and Leadership.
- Must be able to communicate and read in English.
- Ability to maintain professional and appropriate conduct.
- Ability to visually examine building for damage or wear and to use hand and small power tools to fix problems encountered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the proper use of a dumpster, baler, forklift, box cutters, small power tools including table saw, power drills, circular saw, reciprocating saw, hand tools including hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, painting equipment, and all related equipment
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.