Apple Retail is looking for a seasoned Marketing Strategist to join its Retail Marketing Team. This position is responsible for leading the development of our global retail marketing strategy and influencing innovation and thought leadership across our core marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will be be a highly experienced leader, with deep experience in a strategy function, working with world-class brands and with omni-channel marketing. You are dynamic, data informed, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers.
You have an immediate connection to Apple’s rich history, amazing products and embody the company ethos of striving for excellence. You have a passion for informing, connecting and elevating the customer experience in Apple Retail.Key Qualifications
- 12-15+ years experience developing and presenting custom plans and solutions for global brands within a digital marketing and/or advertising agency environment
- Experience developing large scale, integrated marketing programs across different channels, from print to outdoor to social
- Research and analysis. Experience with defining and leading research initiatives and with data analysis and evaluation
- Proven record of evaluating marketing campaigns and programs from multiple data sources, and drawing clear conclusions and actionable recommendations
- Must be dynamic, learning agile and driven
- A demonstrated passion for the customer experience, written and rich media communications, and knowledge of how to leverage each to achieve communication goals
- Well versed in Apple’s history and exemplify the company culture in communications and interactions
- Superior client service and demonstrated ability to grow internal and stakeholder relationships across a wide range of teams to plan and drive business goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, understand business challenges and formulate effective marketing plans that support business goals and improve business results.
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Experience working with international peers to define global marketing strategies for the businesses you support
- The ability to translate goals into actionable and measurable plans and communicate these results to leaders
- Design integrated marketing plans, assess customer and business needs, define goals, identify solutions and engage stakeholders and partner creative teams towards a final vision.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of emerging marketing trends and methods, and integrate these practices into plans to maximize effectiveness
- Provide strategic counsel to stakeholders and business leaders
- Prepare project plans (strategic briefs, statement of work, vision, scope)
- Resolve challenges that arise during execution and address roadblocks
- Work as a collaborative decisive partner across all stakeholders including business, channels (stores and contact centers), creative and design staff
- Lead the way through dynamic change where roles are actively evolving
- Be able to explain the strategy and planning function and value of communication techniques to non-communication audiences, both in person and in writing
- Work with your international peers to define global communication strategies for the businesses you support (annual, quarterly, daily)
- Develop success metrics and share results with the communication team, stakeholders and leaders
- Own the marketing calendar
As a Strategist, you live and breathe planning. You know every communication and every touchpoint has a goal. You are the master of crafting the vision and roadmap. You synthesize large amounts of information into key insights that are compelling. You cut through clutter with plans that put the right information in the right place at the right time. You are exceptionally savvy and have the skills to work across a complex matrix of stakeholders and look for ways to plan, sequence messages and connect to maximize effectiveness. When you plan globally or locally, it’s for communication that is clear, concise and relevant. In fact, it’s your specialty. And when inspiration isn’t there, you create it. You make everyone around you better. Your peers thrive on it.
Beyond strategizing, you boldly lead and influence as part of your DNA. You plan everything down to a T. You have a passion for nurturing relationships and use that rapport to align stakeholders around a vision. When you’re on point, your plans provide our partners with clarity, leaving no ambiguity about objective. You smile in the face of deadlines and you revel in execution. You want to be part of an exceptional team and have lots of fun delivering world-class work.Education
BA or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.