This is an opportunity to join Apple Retail Finance, the world’s most innovative retail organization, which is part of Apple, the world’s most admired company.
The Retail Finance Lease team is responsible for managing Apple’s lease obligations, and maintaining relationships with landlords, property managers, and internal Finance teams worldwide. The team also works with a wide range of additional business partners including Legal, Real Estate, and Store Operations.
- Minimum 4-6 years Lease or Property Accounting, preferably with a national retailer with multiple locations and currencies
- Demonstrated ability to accurately translate contractual lease language to date driven financial obligations
- Understanding of SOX compliance and testing experience preferred
- Experience with database/records management, including ability to export and analyze data
- Proven track record of successfully completing challenging projects with a strong attention to detail, managing multiple time-sensitive priorities while meeting strict deadlines in a highly-fluid, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience, presentation applications (e.g. Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence the business and build effective partnerships
Establish and maintain lease schedules for global retail fleet Determine global lease obligation changes driven by new leases, amendments, other legal documents, or triggering events Prepare monthly lease obligation change report and supporting work paper package Perform monthly rent reconciliations to lease agreements Prepare and review Sales Reporting Play active role in the adoption of the recent accounting standards update for leases Ad hoc analyses, special projects, audit support, and reporting as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (and significant accounting coursework) from accredited university