We have a wealth of data at our fingertips across Apple. Ownership data, product usage, purchase drivers and barriers, retail journeys, support topics/issues, upgrade cycles, proprietary and secondary research and the list goes on and on. We have always had a tremendous amount of data, but until recently (at least from a marketing perspective) we haven’t truly embraced how this data can help to shape our strategic approach. As our company has grown to one of the largest on the planet, our user base to a billion plus people, and our product lineup to 5 categories and an ever-growing list of services, there is a huge developing need to use data to make much smarter strategic decisions.Key Qualifications
- A deep understanding of, and extensive strategic experience in data-driven insight creation.
- Ability to knit together disparate sources of information into a strong strategic narrative.
- Extensive experience leading strategic conversations with divergent teams of people.
- Ability to develop strong, productive relationships with partners outside Marcom (Product Marketing research, customer database, retail, channel, etc.)
- Ability to translate all technical and data analysis into simple, compelling ideas.
- Great writing skills, visual storytelling skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to react quickly to new information, opinion and direction.
- 10+ years of experience at a reputable agency or company in a strategic capacity.
We need a single point of contact within Marcom to be responsible for collecting, analyzing and sharing data from across the organization and working closely with the rest of the Planning team to use data-driven insights to build a foundation for all of our strategic initiatives, including strategic platforms for all of our products and services as well ad hoc creative briefs.
The Senior Planner will play an integral role in the Planning function by partnering with the product Planners and Cross Functional Brand Leads to help create great work by providing strong data-driven support for our ideas and initiatives as well as proactively spotting opportunities for tactics not previously planned. The role will report to the Director of Planning. This role will be integral to helping shape the future of Apple’s marketing communications.Education
Bachelor's degree preferred
Creative agency experience preferred