Apple’s Data Center Operations provides monitoring and Tier 1 and 2 response in a fast-paced 24x7 environment for all issues emanating from Apple’s primary, remote and international Data Centers, as well as the Apple Retail environment. The Manager of the Global Data Center Services Operations Center is responsible for day-to-day health and uptime for all Infrastructure and services monitored by the Operations Center. As the leader of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving service uptime, either directly or indirectly via your influence and understanding of the incidents. This role requires critical thinking and direction, with a focus on adding value instead of simply escalating tickets to appropriate workgroups. The Manager should be constantly looking at ways to reduce noise in the environment via innovation and deft use of metrics. Understanding of monitoring technologies and enterprise ticketing systems is critical to the success of this role.
Issues to be addressed may arise any time of day or night and may be sourced from Apple’s Site Services, IS&T or internal business customers (e.g. Siri), and third party colocation partners. These issues will include both the routine and the unexpected and must be dealt with promptly and efficiently leveraging available resources and worldwide staff as appropriate. Frequently the solution providers will be outside of the GDCS Operations team and significant diplomacy, coordination, and prioritization skills will be called upon. Listening, negotiating, and the ability to foster a collaborative working environment are essential for successful execution of job responsibilities.Key Qualifications
- Managing a technical staff (non-exempt)
- Familiarity with running a 24x7 operation and the nuances associated with scheduling etc.
- Monitoring tools such HP Business Service Management, HP Operations Orchestration and HP Operations Manager i
- Ticket management applications e.g. ServiceNow
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts, including Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Managing offshore teams (vendors)
- Familiarity with backup technologies including TSM, NetBackup, Data Domain etc.
- Familiarity with AutoSys and SAP
- Core understanding of Data Center Operations is a must. The ability to collaborate with Site Services, Facilities and vendors is fundamental to the success of this position.
- **** Position is shift based, May require day,swing,grave or weekend work ****
This role requires you to manage shift based employees. Support and development of the team’s technical capabilities is an integral part of the position.
Direct supervision of multiple IT technicians on a daily basis including work assignments, performance evaluations, and adherence to all corporate policies.
Mentoring and career growth of the Operations Center Staff. Managing SLA’s for alarm acknowledgement and ticket creation and escalation. Communicate effectively with technical, business and executive support teams and individuals.
Assist in generation of metrics measuring the efficiency of the Operations Center and assist in continual process improvements.