At Jos. A. Bank, our Store Manager’s primary responsibility is to profitably operate their stores by maintaining standards and motivating their staff to maximum performance to achieve store goals. Jos. A. Bank is sales driven, upscale men’s retail clothing company; and our associates are energetic, outgoing and enjoy working in fast paced environment.
In their manner and appearance, Store Managers keep a positive work environment and are exemplary role models to their staff, their customers and their community. They are effective communicators and interact professionally whether they are assisting customers with issue resolution, coaching associates on selling techniques, responding to directives from corporate headquarters or training associates on the newest Jos. A. Bank products. Our Store Manager’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervising staffand enforce compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Instructing their staff on merchandise features including new/add-on items, marking and fitting techniques, fashion trends, determining what type of garments are desired, and appropriateness of garments for particular occasions.
- Leading customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating and purchasing traditional business and casual clothing and accessory options designed for the upscale professional man.
- Providing the highest Customer Service standards while maintaining a professional demeanor and personal presentation at all times.
- Maintaining the company’s visual merchandise standards for the entire store, including general housekeeping cleanliness.
- Overseeing all store operations including the Tuxedo rental program and the Tailor Shop.
- Utilizing company resources to generate traffic to maintain customer contact and to build their stores’ book of business.
- Opening and/or closing their stores.
Store Managers receive base salaries, commissions on personal sales and are bonus eligible based on their success in reaching store performance goals. Jos. A. Bank rewards performance, and there will be career advancement opportunities for successful associates as we continue to grow our business.
If a career as a Store Manager interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions, so you must be able to:
- Provide leadership through example; meet store sales goals; identify work to be done;prioritize and delegate to complete daily assignments; reach personal sales performance goals.
- Meet deadlines with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Interact and communicate effectively with customers in person and on the phone; interact and communicate appropriately with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Coordinate customer wardrobe selections involving a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Measure customers’ neck, arms, chests and or waist for proper fit.
- Work scheduled shift which will include nights, week-ends and holidays.
- Read, write and perform basic math.
- Dress in conservative business attire without any tattoos and/or body piercings evident.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Store Manager. This list is not intended to be comprehensive and may vary from store to store. Additional details may be provided upon request. *The Manager in Training position will be trained to meet the job duties as described above.