When our pets inspire us to be more loving and caring individuals, it's no surprise that our Store Leaders truly embody those qualities. We need dedicated and passionate leaders like you to drive the success of our stores and provide our customers with a unique shopping experience. As a Store Leader, you'll be responsible for leading associates by coaching, developing, and inspiring your team. You'll ensure the safety of all live pets in our care, deliver on all policies and standards and meet financial business goals—all while upholding our exciting company culture. In addition to directing the daily operations, you'll also have the opportunity to build relationships with shelters and make a significant impact in the community by driving adoption events and helping homeless pets find forever homes. With your expert leadership and communication skills, you'll thrive in our fun and rewarding animal-filled environment and take pride in knowing you're making a real difference for your associates, our pet parents, and pets everywhere.
Similar Job Titles – Store Manager, General Manager, Senior Team Leader, Retail Manager
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Requirements SUMMARY
Responsible for overall leadership, coaching, and building an independent, committed, high performing team to achieve results and drive the company strategies. The Store Leader is accountable for:
- Fostering a culture of CARE for Pet Parents and Associates
- Pet Health
- Customer Engagement
- Driving key company sales strategies
- Driving services: Salon, Pet Training, and Hotel (if applicable)
- Ensuring Operational Excellence
May include, but not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for leading and holding team accountable for driving PetSmart’s mission, core values, vision and strategy every day.
- Responsible for taking immediate action when a sick pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration). Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Responsible for utilizing current company strategies for associate hiring, on boarding, development, and performance management to create a best in-class workforce.
- Responsible for achieving P&L expectations such as sales and expense targets.
- Responsible for the development of management staff by coaching and weekly one on ones with direct reports. reports
- Review weekly schedules and weekly payroll reports.
- Ensures the safety/security of company assets, customers, pets, and associates through regular store walks, ensures monthly Shrink and Safety meetings are held, and training of store standards/compliance with company and government safety standards.
- Foster relationships with our Services partners including, but not limited to, PetSmart Charities, Banfield, and external adoption partners.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement
- Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SUCCESS FACTORS
- Typically supervises 6 managers and oversees up to 75 non-supervisory associates within the store.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with PetSmart’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and coaching associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or a minimum of three years’ related management experience working in a retail or hospitality/restaurant industry, OR equivalent combination of education and experience