When it comes to creating an exceptional shopping experience for our customers, first impressions mean everything. As a Merchandising and Inventory Leader, you'll be responsible for the overall appearance of the store. From making sure the store is correctly stocked, to overseeing product presentation, to managing your associates and ensuring all merchandise and replenishment activities are done according to policy—you'll play an integral role in helping our pet parents find exactly what they need, right when they need it. With your excellent leadership skills, you'll support and grow your team, so that together, we can continue to deliver an outstanding customer experience that sets us apart from our competition.
Similar Job Titles – Merchandising Manager, Inventory Manager, Operations Manager, Retail Manager
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Requirements
The Merchandising and Inventory Leader ensures the efficient execution of PetSmart’s strategic Merchandising plan and to support company initiatives. The Merchandising & Inventory Leader is accountable for:
- Fostering a culture of CARE for Pet Parents and Associates
- Merchandising standards of the store
- Execution of plan-o-grams, promotional locations, and pricing
- Inventory management of all non-Live goods within the store
- Fulfillment of ISPU
- Leads and holds team accountable for leading PetSmart’s mission, core values, and vision and strategy every day.
- Responsible for taking immediate action when a sick pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration). Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Supports utilizing current company strategies for associate coaching and communicate performance observations to Assistant Store Leader.
- Accountable to ensure store is in compliance with all inventory management tools to guarantee appropriate levels of in-stock are available to all customers.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Assists and works in other departments when required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures safety and security of Pet Parents, pets, associates, and other visitors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, SUCCESS FACTORS
- Typically leads 4-6 direct reports and oversees up to 75 non-supervisory associates within the store.
- Carries out leader responsibilities in accordance with PetSmart’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, training associates; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and coaching associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- One to two years related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma or GED is required