Exceptional customer service is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why our Customer Engagement Leader is dedicated to providing pets and pet parents with an unrivaled customer in-store experience. As a Customer Engagement Leader, you'll be responsible for fostering our culture, assisting customers around the store, ensuring the health and safety of the live pets in our stores—including fish, reptiles, birds and small animals. You'll manage front line associates using company vision and strategy while supporting the merchandise plan. With your attention to detail, excellent customer service skills and passion for animals, you'll succeed in our challenging, exciting store environment as you help us create a better world for pets and our pet parents.
Similar Job Titles – Customer Service Manager, Department Manager, Department Supervisor, Retail Manager
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Requirements
The Customer Engagement Leader ensures the execution of an unrivaled customer experience based on PetSmart’s vision of CARE. The Customer Engagement Leader is accountable for:
- Fostering a culture of CARE for Pet Parents and Associates
- Customer Engagement
- Executing Pet Care Standards
- Executing Merch sales plan (i.e. AOS, promotional events)
May include, but not limited to, the following:
- Leads and holds team accountable for leading PetSmart’s mission, core values, and vision and strategy every day.
- Responsible for taking immediate action when a sick pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration). Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Supports utilizing current company strategies for associate coaching and communicate performance observations to Assistant Store Leader.
- Accountable for creating a culture of engaged associates resulting in skills to build the basket, provide connected solutions while maintaining a balance of high service, and utilizing the reporting tools to achieve OSAT metrics.
- Regularly runs registers, interacts with Pet Parents, and participates in other front end activities.
- Accountable for live pet care maintenance and pet inventories.
- Accountable for achieving Merch Sales Plan.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, CARE, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement
- Assists and works in other departments as required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures safety and security of Pet Parents, pets, associates, and other visitors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, SUCCESS FACTORS
- Typically leads 6-12 direct reports and oversees 5-75 non-supervisory associates within the store.
- Carries out Leader responsibilities in accordance with PetSmart’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and coaching associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- One to two years related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma or GED is required.