It takes a friendly, knowledgeable and energetic person to truly connect with our pet parents and ensure they have an outstanding shopping experience. That's why our Associate Lead is dedicated to providing pets and pet parents with an outstanding in-store experience. As an Associate Lead, you'll assist customers around the store, open and close the store, complete pet safety inspections and manage the cash office. With your passion for pets and commitment to helping others, you'll thrive in our challenging, energy-filled stores, while continually growing through unique training and development programs. Join us and help us create an inspiring difference for pets and pet parents.
Similar Job Titles – Supervisor, Team Leader, Key Holder
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Requirements
May include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads PetSmart’s mission, core values, and vision and strategy every day.
- Perform required duties as scheduled as an associate.
When scheduled in leadership, additional duties will include, but not limited to:
- Opening/Closing the Store
- Cash Office Management
- Pet Safety Inspections
- Exchanges / Returns
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Assists and works in other departments as required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures safety and security of Pet Parents, pets, associates, and other visitors.
- Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, SUCCESS FACTORS
- When assigned, oversees up to 75 non-supervisory associates within the store.
- One to two years related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma or GED is required.