When our pets inspire us every day, it's important to make sure they have everything they need, right when they need it. As an Assistant Store Leader, you’ll support the Store Leader in leading and inspiring associates and help provide an outstanding experience for our pet parents. You’ll direct merchandising and inventory standards within the store, manage the performance review and hiring processes, and ensure all associate are trained and developed – all while upholding policies and standards in our exciting, energy-filled culture. With your passion for pets and willingness to help others, you’ll help us make an inspiring difference for pets and pet lovers everywhere.
Similar Job Titles – Assistant Store Manager, Operations Manager, Retail Manager, Team Leader
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Requirements
Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of CARE, by growing and developing a safe, engaging work environment resulting in efficient execution of store operations and an unrivaled customer experience. The Assistant Store Leader is accountable for:
- Fostering a culture of CARE for Pet Parents and Associates
- Pet Health
- Customer Engagement
- Execution of key company strategies
- Inventory management of all non-Live goods within the store
- Diving Merch Sales
May include, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for leading and holding team accountable for driving PetSmart’s mission, core values, and vision and strategy every day.
- Responsible for taking immediate action when a sick pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Regularly runs registers, interacts with Pet Parents, and participates in other front end activities.
- Occasionally performs processing freight processing and other WISE activities including, but not limited to, pricing, planner, and POG.
- Responsible for working with the Store Leader to achieve the financial plan for controllable expenses.
- Responsible for creating weekly operating schedules and processing weekly payroll reports.
- Responsible for the development of leadership staff by coaching and weekly one on ones with direct reports.
- Responsible for creating a culture of engaged associates resulting in skills to build the basket, provide connected solutions while maintaining a balance of high service, and utilizing the reporting tools to achieve OSAT metrics.
- Responsible for managing facilities maintenance process. Executes required Shrink and Safety activities including, but not limited to, monthly meeting and walks.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Typically oversees 1-6 key holder roles and up to 75 non-supervisory associates within the store. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assistance of interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and coaching associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Two to Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency using computer applications, voice mail and e-mail communications.