The person in this role is responsible for the collaborative design, development, management and implementation of creative global supply chain initiatives that enable Samsung to achieve and maintain preferred supplier status. This person must continuously demonstrate a collaborative “hands on” approach and proactively manage all aspects of the value chain projects, driving collaboration across the organization and with customers to develop cost effective programs that deliver mutual benefit to Samsung and its’ customers. This role will lead project teams to develop solutions in the areas of planning, forecasting, fulfillment, distribution, KPI management, root cause analysis, and inventory management. This person will use deep knowledge of the industry, SCM/ERP systems, and ability to interpret large volumes of data to understand key issues and quickly identify best in class solutions for internal and external customer projects. This position is responsible for the planning, staffing, development and implementation phases related to the management of SCM improvement projects. This individual serves as the primary point of contact for all business process and technical solutions or questions related to project activity.
- Identify, assemble and facilitate cross-functional teams (regularly including HQ and customers) to lead the design, comprehensively test and then pilot/implementation of innovative solutions. Develop and maintain productive working relationships with customers and members of internal Samsung subsidiaries. Research outside solutions to identify Best-In-Class. Lead/Drive full projects from design to implementation pushing teams to aggressive timelines, developing and closely managing all aspects of the project plans (action plans).
- Understand customer situation and objectives to proactively create effective agenda for onsite customer workshops. Proactively develop effective workshop material.
- Travel to customer sites or internal alternate locations to participate in and lead portions of the agenda.
- With little direction and high understanding of end to end solution and project status, independently develop presentation materials for steering team level leadership regarding project status and escalation items.
- Identify KPIs to track to measure success of projects, understand and accurately summarize lessons learned or areas for improvement.
- Quickly identify and complete accurate root cause analysis before being asked. Have detailed analysis already thought through and available to provide upon request. Understand risks / issues immediately and correct upon identification. Ability to quickly summarize critical path risks and closely proactively manage mitigation plans to prevent issues.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree required, science degree highly preferred (Business Information Management, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management)
- 4 or more years of hands on data analysis, supply chain and/or process improvement project management experience required
- Proficient level of end to end supply chain understanding including: manufacturing planning, order management, CPFR, inventory control, logistics/distribution, accounts receivables.
- Experience with planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple complex assignments and projects and successfully driving them to completion within highly aggressive timelines
- Strong organization, communication, problem solving and data analytical skills
- Experience analyzing value created by projects/activities and develop business cases that measure success – ROI analysis.
- Experience in CPG, retail environment, and consulting is preferred with some technical business acumen.
- High level understanding of ERP systems (i.e. SAP / Oracle) and demand planning systems.
- Expert level knowledge and experience of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Demonstrated people and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage progress for multiple activities at once.
- Proven success in a highly dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple complex assignments and projects quickly.
- Hands on experience developing simple and complex process and systems flows in Visio. Hands on experience operating large scale cross-functional project plans.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside of the company.
- Should have expert level MS Excel and Power Point knowledge and skills. Highly skilled in communicating complex concepts through Power Point.
- The ability to work either independently or in a team environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including the completion of assignments within established time frames.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 70 percent of work time.
- Ability to work additional hours beyond normal schedule as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work after hours with other time zones (Asia).
- Occasional global and national travel for client and company meetings with travel estimated at 15 percent.
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA
BIG THINGS HAPPEN HERE. The amazing products for which Samsung is known world-wide are the results of the amazing people who work here. Their talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation are what make us who we are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, we focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, and with offices in Richardson, TX and Palo Alto, CA, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. We market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of our commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Our company is currently ranked #7 in Interbrand’s "100 Best Global Brands," and named #3 on the Boston Consulting Group list as one of the world's most innovative companies in 2014.
At Samsung we work hard – every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and we are a nimble team that constantly pushes ourselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Imagine working for a global company that is a world leader in innovation, in an environment where exciting things happen every day. Imagine working with an amazing group of visionaries/ individuals who make products that bring joy to millions of people across the globe every single day. Imagine where you want to be, and who you want to be. At Samsung...the possibilities are limitless. Apply today and find out why LinkedIn ranked us as one of North America’s Most InDemand Employers in 2014.
To this end, we follow various protocols during the recruitment process, including but not limited to, avoiding the inadvertent disclosure of confidential information of the applicant’s former employer.
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.