A Career That’s Meant to Be
At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
We’re looking for people with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail experience. Now Accepting Applications for Part Time Alterations Specialist
The Alteration’s Specialist is responsible for completing all alteration fittings and sewing services necessary to meet our customers’ needs. The Alterations Specialist suggests product options to our customers to help each one complete the overall look of her event.
Our most successful Alterations Specialist are self-motivated individuals with outgoing personalities, and excellent technical sewing and fitting skills. They love special occasion fashion and have expertise on how to tailor a garment to ensure the best fit possible. Through the Alterations Specialist skills, vision, and informed recommendations, they will give our customers the confidence they need to choose the “one”, her dress.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team, help our customers dress for the most important days of their lives, and earn a competitive income, we would love to discuss your future at David’s Bridal.
Our store will host interviews over the next two weeks. Alterations Specialist Responsibilities:
Part Time Available
- Perform all necessary customer garment fittings to David’s Bridal standards
- Perform all types of alterations on bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dresses, special occasion dresses
- Press, steam, and spot clean garments/merchandise as necessary
- Follow quality control guidelines and inspect all garments to verify pristine condition before final delivery to customer
- Schedule alterations appointments in person or by telephone as needed
- Fill out alterations tickets accurately and completely, ensuring correct fees and pricing
- Resolve alterations customer service issues or complaints and refer any unresolved matter to floor manager
- Assist in closing sales by partnering with stylists to validate garment fit and suggest product additions
- Communicate supply needs to the Alterations Manager to ensure all supplies are available at all times
- Ensure preventative maintenance of equipment and report any damage or broken equipment immediately
- Flexibility to work retail schedules such as weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, accessing computers and initiating and receiving telephone calls
- Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings
- Ability to move throughout the store, lift up to 10 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, stand, and reach with arms
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period